Cooking seems to be a major preoccupation of life as a new family! Although I love cooking, planning meals and keeping food interesting can sometimes be a headache. This blog exists to keep a record of what I've cooked so I can always come back and answer the big question: "What's for dinner tonight?"

It is also the place where I show my mom everything I've cooked, because it makes us happy :), being on opposite ends of the planet. But feel free to use the recipes!

Bacon, Broccoli, and Shells

I haven't tasted this yet, but I made it to take up the ski slope tomorrow, so we'll see!

1 clove of garlic, chopped or sliced
8 oz/200 g shell pasta (medium)
8 oz/250 g broccoli
4 strips of bacon
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated or shaved

Directions:
1. Cut broccoli into small flowerets. Cook in boiling salted water until soft. Drain.
2. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
3. Cut strips of bacon into matchsticks and throw into a hot skillet together with garlic.
4. Add broccoli and olive oil and toss for a minute.
5. Add pasta and mix well. Season with salt and pepper (and dried chiles if desired).
6. Serve with cheese.

For the fancy: Use pancetta instead of bacon and orecchiette instead of shells!

No comments:

Post a Comment