Cooking seems to be a major preoccupation of life as a new family! Although I love cooking, planning meals and keeping food interesting can sometimes be a headache. This blog exists to keep a record of what I've cooked so I can always come back and answer the big question: "What's for dinner tonight?"

It is also the place where I show my mom everything I've cooked, because it makes us happy :), being on opposite ends of the planet. But feel free to use the recipes!

Slow Chicken Fast Couscous

Great for 10 min. of prep in the morning and 10 min. of prep before dinner!

2 boneless chicken thighs, cut into large strips
2 medium carrots, sliced
4-5 onion slices
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
10 oz (250 g) couscous
2 cups broth
1 tbsp olive oil
1 handful of fresh coriander

Directions:
1. Put carrots, onions, and blanched chicken in slow cooker.
2. Season with salt and pepper, and cover with 4-5 tbsp of water. Slow-cook for 5 hrs.
3. Bring broth to boil and add couscous and olive oil.
4. Remove from heat and cover for 5 min.
5. Fluff up couscous with fork and add chopped coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment