Cooking seems to be a major preoccupation of life as a new family! Although I love cooking, planning meals and keeping food interesting can sometimes be a headache. This blog exists to keep a record of what I've cooked so I can always come back and answer the big question: "What's for dinner tonight?"

It is also the place where I show my mom everything I've cooked, because it makes us happy :), being on opposite ends of the planet. But feel free to use the recipes!

Sausage and Lentils

A crock pot dish prepared before church and ready for a lazy Sunday dinner :)

2 medium carrots, sliced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 smoked sausage, sliced (e.g. Kielbasa)
8 oz lentils, soaked in water night before
1 dry bay leaf
3 cups chicken broth

Directions
1. Put everything into the pot and simmer for 2 hrs, or slow cook for a 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment