Cooking seems to be a major preoccupation of life as a new family! Although I love cooking, planning meals and keeping food interesting can sometimes be a headache. This blog exists to keep a record of what I've cooked so I can always come back and answer the big question: "What's for dinner tonight?"

It is also the place where I show my mom everything I've cooked, because it makes us happy :), being on opposite ends of the planet. But feel free to use the recipes!

Steamed Egg 蒸水蛋

The trick to this dish is to get the egg to become solid but very soft and smooth. My mom would have been very proud if she could have tasted it!

- 2 eggs, beaten gently
- 2 cups water
- spring onions, chopped

1. Mix eggs and water into a heat proof bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Steam on a metal rack in a wok or big pot with boiling water.
3. Keep the lid closed and the water simmering gently, opening the lid every couple of minutes to let out steam. This will cook the egg very slowly and gently.
4. After about 10 minutes, drop 1 piece of spring onion to check that the egg is solid or jelly like. Sprinkle the rest of the spring onion and steam with lid closed for another 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Season with soya sauce.

Tip: Also good if egg is steamed with dry mini prawns...

No comments:

Post a Comment