Cooking seems to be a major preoccupation of life as a new family! Although I love cooking, planning meals and keeping food interesting can sometimes be a headache. This blog exists to keep a record of what I've cooked so I can always come back and answer the big question: "What's for dinner tonight?"

It is also the place where I show my mom everything I've cooked, because it makes us happy :), being on opposite ends of the planet. But feel free to use the recipes!

Potato Chickpea Curry

A very quick and easy curry!

1 large or 2 medium potatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can peeled tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp curry madras
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cream or milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp oil

1. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Boil in water until soft. Drain.
2. Heat up oil in skillet and cook onion, garlic, ginger, and cumin for several minutes.
3. Add curry powder and can of tomatoes (including its liquid). Simmer for several minutes.
4. Add salt, potatoes, chickpeas and continue simmering.
5. Add cream. Stir and simmer for several minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment